Cheap doesn’t necessarily mean bad, there are plenty of chairs to choose from. I’ve tested most of them and I can “comfortably” say (I’m so funny 🙂 ) that you can buy a nice office chair for less than $ 100 dollars.
Best Office Chair Under 100: Quick overview
|BestOffice – High Back||2xHome – Executive||Serta – Executive||United Chair||PU – Executive|
|Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price|
What can you expect from an office chair that retails for less than $100?
Well… Let’s be real, it’s not a lot of money. You can’t expect the chair to have some of the features that the higher end models have.
These cheaper chairs won’t have the best materials, this means that they wear out faster. The build quality also won’t be great.
However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t get a comfortable office chair on a limited budget. Some of the cheaper chairs I’ve tested were more comfortable than many mid-tier $300 chairs.
If you want an office chair that will last you years, then I recommend that you have a look at the High-end office chairs instead. They’re typically between $200 to $400, more expensive, but it’s money well spent.
If your budget simply won’t allow it, then the chairs mentioned below are excellent choices.
Without further ado, these are my recommendations in the best office chair under $100 category.
These are the top 5 cheap and comfortable office chairs
1. BestOffice – High Back Executive Ergonomic Chair
I’ll start with one of the best “cheap” chairs that I’ve reviewed lately.
It comes in 3 different color: Back, white and brown. Even though it looks cheap, it is really comfortable. Leaning back feels amazing in this chair, the arm rests are also super comfy and the legs are very sturdy.
This chair offers good back support, something most chairs in this price range fail to do. The seat is pretty wide and adjustable, so it is suited for all body types.
The armrests are padded, but they will wear out quickly if you use them daily.
- Easy to put together, it took us 10 minutes
- Lots of cushioning
- Padded armrests
- Swivels very smoothly
- No lumbar support, in other words: not suited for people with lower back pain
|Lowest price for: BestOffice - High Back Executive Ergonomic Chair|
2. 2xHome – Executive Office Chair
This was actually one of the first chairs I reviewed, and looking back, it’s always been one the chairs I recommend if you’re on a budget.
With the modern look it fits in nearly every office. The back is nice and stiff, so it’s perfect for people who hunch (no more upper back pain!). Even though the current price is under $ 100, the build quality of this chair is amazing. If you didn’t know any better, you would think that this chair would cost somewhere in the $ 300 range.
- Perfect for people with upper back problems
- Perfect for people who hunch
- This chair is also perfect for tall people because of it’s large backrest
- The quality of the materials used is amazing, it feels like a $ 300 chair
- Fits in nearly every office because of the modern design
- Easy to put together
- This isn’t really a con, but more of a personal preference: Not a lot of cushioning, the chair is pretty hard
- Smells funky out of the box
|Lowest price for: 2xHome - Executive Office Chair|
3. Serta – Executive Office Chair
One of the current best sellers on Amazon. This chair looks great for something that sells for less than $100.
Apart from looking good, this chair has most of the comfort features that you would want.
It has neck and head support, lumbar support, plenty of cushioning and even a “waterfall seat edge”. It comes with a heavy-duty base, so the chair is very stable.
So is this chair perfect? Well… It depends. If you’re planning on sitting down on it occasionally, then it will be fine. But if you’re looking for a chair that you will be using daily, then this might not be the best choice for you.
I’ve mentioned it above on this page, but if you want a chair for long daily use, then you shouldn’t be looking at these chairs in the first place.
- Looks awesome
- Lots of cushioning
- This chair has some really good lumbar support, perfect for people with lower back pain
- Headrest pillow, this will support your neck
- Heavy-duty base, this chair is very stable
- Even though the chair is cheap, it still has a waterfall seat edge. This reduces the pressure you feel on your knees and hamstrings
- Not suited for tall people (over 5’11)
- Not suited for long daily use (4+ hours per day)
|Lowest price for: Serta - Executive Office Chair|
4. United Chair – UOC-8075-BK
The only mesh chair on this list.
There isn’t much to say to be honest, the build quality is superb for a cheap chair. Aesthetically pleasing, comfortable and plenty of back support.
The chair is made from “fire” proof materials (not really a big plus, but I guess it counts). Just like the Serta chair mentioned above, this one also has a heavy-duty base which provides a good balance (say no to wobbly chairs!).
- Mesh back, no more sweaty backs!
- Great lower back support
- Max load of 280 pounds, suited for all you + sized models reading this 😉
- Deep seat, comfortable for long people
- Overall the best build quality from all of the under $100 chairs I’ve reviewed
- The wheels don’t slide
|Lowest price for: United Chair - UOC-8075-BK|
5. PU Leather Executive Chair
This is the cheapest chair on the under $100 list.
It is not a good looking chair and it is also not made with the best materials.
Having said that, the build quality is surprisingly good, I only tried it out for 1 week, but I could tell that this chair was made to last.
Is it comfortable? Hmmno… not really to be honest.
So why is it on a most comfortable chair list? Well… There aren’t many comfortable chairs that sell for less than $100. This was seriously more comfortable than some of the other chairs I’ve tried.
You should only buy this chair if you’re on a budget. If you want a bit more comfort without spending much more, then I recommend the Serta chair mentioned above.
- Very cheap, cheapest chair on this list
- Good build quality for a cheap chair, it will last you at least 2 years
- Easy to assemble, it took us 10 minutes
- Not very comfortable
|Lowest price for: PU Leather Executive Chair|
Best office chair under $100, some finals words
If you’re planning on sitting for long period and if you intend to use the chair on a daily basis, then I recommend having a look at the more expensive High-end chairs. The extra money you will spend will be worth it.
Most budget chairs are simply not made for long daily use, they will wear out quickly and it won’t be very comfortable after a few hours.
Having said that, my budget chair recommendations most certainly not bad choices. If you don’t have a lot of money, or if you don’t spend much time sitting down, then the chairs mentioned above are excellent options.