For most people this will be “The Sweetspot” when they’re looking to buy a new chair. You get nearly all the comfort of a High-end office chair and you don’t get the cheap materials often used in the cheaper budget chairs.
These chairs are great for long daily use and will last you years. Most people buy into this category for this very reason.
If your budget allows it a High-end chair will be more comfortable, or maybe even a super high-end chair if you have money to spend..
If you’re a gamer or an designer/IT guy (if you sit behind your desk a lot), and if you’re on a reasonable budget then this should be the category you buy in to.
Best Office Chair Under 200: Quick overview
|Boss – Heavy Duty||ModWay – Jive||Office Star – Deluxe||Alera – Elusion||Office Star – Manager|
|Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price|
What can you expect from an office chair that retails for less than $200?
The build quality of these chairs are much better than the one in the under $100 category. Also, most of these chairs will use materials that won’t wear/tear easily.
These chairs offer plenty of back support, but if your condition is severe, you should have a look at this guide. Same goes for neck pain and lower back pain.
Most of these chairs are fully adjustable; they will be suited for nearly all body types. If you’re unsure if a chair is suited for you, then you can contact us here 🙂 Give us as much information as possible for a good recommendation.
This top 5 list is updated monthly to give you the best and most comfortable chairs under $200.
Lets have a look at your options, here we go.
Top 5 best office chairs under $200
1. Boss – Heavy Duty Double Plush Leather Chair
Alright, time to be brutally honest, why is this chair even on this list? Keep reading, because this is a good thing.
Well, this chair usually retails for $500, but Amazon has a massive discount going on. It is currently selling for less than $$$, which in our opinion is just crazy. You save $$%…
There isn’t really any point in reading any further past this number 1 pick in the under $200 category. No other chair will come close to the level of comfort and features that this Boss chair offers.
We thoroughly tested this chair, we thought that there had to be some catch. The price just didn’t match the quality (in a good way).
We didn’t find anything wrong with it. You should get this beauty while you can, there is no indication of the sale ending, but you never know.
The only real issue we had was putting it together, it took 2 grown men 1 hour to put it together.
- Very wide and deep seat
- Great cushioning, you can easily sit in this chair for hours without feeling uncomfortable
- Max load of 350lbs, so it’s suited for big and tall people
- Superb back and lower back (lumbar) support
- Fully adjustable
- Made for heavy, daily use
- Heavy-duty 27″ base, this is wider than the industry standard of 25″
- The seat, back and armrests are all covered in supple bonded leather
- Difficult to put together, you NEED 2 people. Even with the 2 of us it took us 1 hour, there are certain parts that just need 4 hands.
|Lowest price for: Boss - Heavy Duty Double Plush Leather Chair|
2. ModWay – Jive
Looking for a chair that fits in with the modern look of your office?
The LexMod Jive is an exceptional, ergonomically designed chair, with a contemporary style.
The cushioned armrests are padded and allow for a comfy typing position.
Its ribbed vinyl back provides great natural posture support. Great for people that spend a lot of time on the computer.
- A high padded back rest provides natural posture support.
- Tension knob and tilt lock allows for multiple back position adjustments.
- Outstanding build quality without costing 3 months wages.
- Really comfy padded seat cushion and armrests.
- Perfect for people that spend a long time seated at their job.
- Easy assembly. Can be put together by one person in around 20 minutes.
- Stylish chrome-plated aluminum frame.
- A solid 5 leg base with dual-wheel casters provides excellent stability.
- You can’t adjust the armrests. Although it is designed around encouraging a good typing position, the size might not be ideal for everyone.
- Can be a little noisy. The Jive is prone to some creaking, this can sometimes be annoying.
|Lowest price for: ModWay - Jive|
3. Office Star – Deluxe Mid-Back Leather Office Chair
This chair looks almost as comfortable as it feels.
With its thick padded seat and backrest, long days at the office just got a whole lot easier.
Providing built-in lumbar support the Office Star Deluxe caters to all your backs needs.
4-way adjustable arms and back position, with a pneumatic, one-touch height control delivers a chair that is perfect for even the most delicate of backs.
- Comfy padded seat and backrest.
- All aspects adjustable, get into the perfect position for your back and arms.
- Pneumatic height adjustment. One touch control for ease of use.
- Easy assembly. Takes about 15-20 minutes for one person to assemble.
- Made by Office Star. Really this company makes quality products at all price ranges.
- 5 leg base with a vinyl finish provides excellent stability.
- Ideal for anyone that spends a long time sitting down.
- Instructions are a little unclear for those that are not mechanically minded.
- The leather seat cushions can sometimes get quite hot and sticky.
|Lowest price for: Office Star - Deluxe Mid-Back Leather Office Chair|
4. Alera – Elusion Swivel Chair
This chair easy to assemble, flexible and very comfortable. It fits all body types: it doesn’t matter if you’re short or tall, fat or skinny, left handed or right handed.
Overall a solid chair with plenty of cushioning, it sits comfortably. It’s just not really good looking (in our opinion).
- Easy to put together (20 minutes)
- Made of flexible materials
- Suits different body types
- You can adjust nearly everything
- Great for lower back-pain
- Good for people who sit for long periods
- Build quality is very good
- Will last you at least 3+ years
- Comfortable seat cushion
- We think it’s ugly, but this is more personal preference
- Does not provide upper back support for tall people (6’0 +)
- Requires some maintenance (once per year): cleaning, tightening bolts
|Lowest price for: Alera - Elusion Swivel Chair|
5. Office Star – Mesh Managers Chair
Another quality Office Star product.
Providing extensive support that encourages a natural seating position and healthy posture.
The stylish mesh back with built-in lumbar support allows your back to breath during hot summer months for a more comfortable day at work.
A heavy duty base and dual wheel carpet casters rounds off this excellent product.
- Breathable mesh back looks stylish and is more comfortable in summer months.
- Fully adjustable back and arms.
- Tilt tension controls for finding that perfect position.
- Pneumatic one-touch seat height adjustment.
- Minimal assembly required. Takes one person around 10 minutes to put together.
- 5 leg heavy duty base provides excellent stability.
- Ideal for people that sit for long hours every day.
- Some people don’t like the feel of mesh backed chairs.
- Needs regular maintenance. Once a month or so will require lubrication to keep it from squeaking when being moved.
|Lowest price for: Office Star - Mesh Managers Chair|
Best office chair under $200, some final words
These recommended chairs are best suited for people who want a comfortable chair, without spending too much. The build quality and materials used are much better than the cheaper chairs mentioned in this guide.
However, if your budget allows it, it’s a good idea to have a look at the high end chairs. For just $100 more you get a ton more features and back support. The High-end chairs are even more comfortable and will probably last you at least 10+ years.
if you just want the best chair for your money, then you should definitely go for one of the five chairs mentioned above. All chairs in this guide are under $200.